Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Gentleman Always Makes Good On His Bets

I really need to start keeping track of my bets. Perhaps some sort of notebook system, organized by dates, subjects, and people? I say this because the situation of:
  • Nate, Pirates are only 3 games below .500. You owe me a Pepsi Classic.
  • Nate, Penguins won the cup, you have to shave your head.
  • Nate, you have to detail my car, so-and-so and what's-her-name are still dating.
These are all actual conversations, text messages, or demands I have heard in the last week or so. This leads me notice two things about myself.
  1. I rarely seem to bet money, rather using tasks or food items as payment
  2. I have little faith in hometown sports teams and friends' dating abilities
I always think you should bet only when you know you'll win, when you won't miss what you lose, or when you secretly are happy if you do lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment